Warm Chickpea and Quorn Pieces Harissa Stew
Accented with spicy harissa sauce, this satisfying stew with eggplant, red capsicum and Quorn Pieces is a true winter warmer. Drizzle with homemade tahini sauce and serve with baguette bread for a delicious dinner.
Made with Quorn Pieces
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 1 pack (300g) Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 small eggplants, chopped into 2cm cubes, 650g
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml jarred strained, pureed tomatoes (passata)
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 70g feta, crumbled
- 35g toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch salt
- 1 loaf baguette bread, for serving
For the stew:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, red capsicum, eggplants, garlic and salt together for 10 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the Quorn Pieces and harissa. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until everything is well coated. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato passata and chickpeas, then bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
For the tahini sauce:
Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, water and salt until smooth.
Divide the stew between 6 bowls, drizzle with the tahini sauce and top with feta, pine nuts and coriander.
Serve also with warm pita bread or couscous.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesWarm Chickpea and Quorn Pieces Harissa Stew
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars