Supergreen Pesto Pasta with Quorn Pieces
This warm pesto pasta salad with Quorn Pieces packs a real flavor punch. Serve it as a vibrant side at BBQ’S and summer dinners or as a light lunch main. The pesto can be stirred through pasta, drizzled into soups and even used spread on sandwiches and bruschetta.
Made with Quorn Pieces
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 200g Orzo pasta
- 10g basil leaves
- 10g continental parsley leaves
- 10g Cilantro
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 75ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100g fine asparagus
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- a handful of pea shoots
- To make the pesto, place the basil, parsley, cilantro, pine nuts, garlic and olive oil into a food processor. Add one tablespoon of water and blitz to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the Quorn Pieces into a bowl and pour over the pesto. Cover and leave to marinate whilst you prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the orzo and boil for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set to one side.
- Bring a second pan of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus and sugar snap peas, blanch for 2 minutes, drain and cool under cold water.
- Add the cooled orzo to the Quorn Pieces and toss to coat in the pesto.
- Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas, sliced zucchini and avocado to the bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with pine nuts and pea shoots.
Why not make double quantities of the pesto and freeze half?
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesSupergreen Pesto Pasta with Quorn Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesBBQ Teriyaki Quorn Pieces and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
RecipesZucchini & Quorn Mince Lasagne
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fillets with Taggiasche Olives and Capers
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fillets Kebab Skewers
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fillet Tray Bake
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Stroganoff
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars