Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin
This stuffed pumpkin recipe is made with Quorn Pieces and quinoa seasoned with Moroccan spices, topped with pomegranate and yogurt. A delicious, low fat seasonal dish that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
Made with Quorn Pieces
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Pieces
- 3 baby pumpkin
- Spray olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 cup salt reduced vegetable stock
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup torn flat leaf parsley
- 1 pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
- Cut pumpkins in half and discard seeds. Place on a baking tray skin side down. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with cracked pepper. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until tender but still holding shape.
- Meanwhile place stock, water and pomegranate molasses in pan and stir well. Add quinoa, cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen Quorn Pieces and cook a further 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir parsley into quinoa mixture then spoon into pumpkin cavity, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve dolloped with yoghurt..
TIP: If baby pumpkins are unavailable, cook wedges of pumpkin (skin on) and spoon quinoa mixture over them.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuinoa Stuffed Pumpkin
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
2 out of 5 stars