- Indian Tikka Skewers with Salad
Indian Tikka Skewers with Salad3.2857142857143 out of 5, 1 based on 63 ratings
Indian Tikka Skewers with Salad
Enjoy these spicy Indian Tikka Skewers made with Quorn Meat Free Pieces and serve with a fresh salad for a healthier take on an Indian takeaway.
1050 kJPer serving
DifficultyA Little Effort
- 3 tablespoons Tikka Masala paste
- ½ cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 280g packet frozen Quorn Pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
For the salad:
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, char-grilled and sliced into strips
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 cups mixed salad leaves
Mix together Tikka Masala paste and yoghurt, add 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly. Add Quorn Meat Free Pieces and coat evenly in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight).
For the salad, place capsicum on a foil lined tray, skin side up and cook under a hot grill until skins begin to blister. Cover with foil and allow to cool. Discard skin and cut capsicum into strips
Combine all salad ingredients and chill until required.
Cut each burger into 6 and thread onto metal or bamboo skewers. Cook skewers under a pre-heated grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Carefully place a lime wedge on the end of each skewer and serve with the salad.
TIP: Pre-soak bamboo skewers in hot water to prevent burning while cooking.