Hearty Bean Pasta Soup
The clue is in the name. This hearty soup is guaranteed to warm up any cosy night in – made with cannellini beans, wholemeal pasta shells and low fat Quorn Chicken Style Pieces.
Made with Quorn Pieces
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 175g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp marjoram
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 425g tin cannellini beans
- 1½ litres vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 100g wholemeal pasta shells
- Italian style hard cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Pre-heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes without colouring then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Now add the tomato purée, fresh rosemary, marjoram and thyme. Stir for a minute and add the chopped tomatoes, beans, stock, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook a further 10-12 minutes.
- Then pour half the soup into a liquidiser and blend until completely smooth. Return the puréed soup to the rest of the soup, add the Quorn pieces and bring back to a simmer
- Add the pasta and cook for another 12-14 minutes stirring from time to time until the pasta is cooked.
Serve with grated cheese and freshy crusty bread.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesHearty Bean Pasta Soup
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesVegetarian Paella with Quorn Sausages
RecipesBBQ Teriyaki Quorn Pieces and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesVegetarian Burrito with Quorn Mince
RecipesWarm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegan Fillets
RecipesQuorn Sausage and Bean Stew
The nation has spoken
3 out of 5 stars