Cheese and Onion Burgers
3.4897959183673 out of 5, 1 based on 147 ratings
Looking for indulgent recipe inspiration for dinner tonight? This Quorn Mince Burger with cheese makes a tasty treat - add fresh rosemary and onions for extra flavour.
- 175g frozen Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegemite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, extra
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
- Add the vegemite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on either side or until piping hot. Serve in burger buns with sliced tomato, lettuce red onion and chutney.