- Cheese and Onion Burgers
Cheese and Onion Burgers3.4829545454545 out of 5, 1 based on 176 ratings
Looking for indulgent recipe inspiration for dinner tonight? This Quorn Mince Burger with cheese makes a tasty treat - add fresh rosemary and onions for extra flavour.
247 kJPer serving
DifficultyA Little Effort
- 175g frozen Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegemite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, extra
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
Add the vegemite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers).
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on either side or until piping hot. Serve in burger buns with sliced tomato, lettuce red onion and chutney.