- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g mushrooms such as mini portabellos, diced
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 400ml tomato passata
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g fresh spaghetti
- Hard cheese of your choice, grated to serve (optional)
- Pre heat the oil over a medium to high heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the garlic and mushrooms, cover and cook over a medium/high heat stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes
- Increase the heat, add the Quorn Mince, pesto, passata, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock, tomato puree and oregano. Stir well, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the fresh spaghetti according to pack instructions
- Season to taste and top with the grated cheese
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is one of my favourite meals. I use Quorn all of the time, used it for over 25yrs best thing on the market wouldn't have anything else. I use most of their products.
I totally agree with Margaret. I started using Quorn mince as an alternative to beef and to cut down my red meat intake. I have to say I'm not at all disappointed, best thing I ever did. Even fed a Quorn Mince Bolognese to my meat loving brother and he didn't notice until I told him.
Change for earth
This is really delicious and a lot better than just following a spaghetti bolognese recipe for meat and substituting. I prefer this with a can of chopped tomatoes instead of passata, frying peppers with the onions, adding olives and adding lots of herbs at the end (e.g basil, oregano)
Tried this recipe for the first time wondering what my husband would say. He was amazed and loved it as I did too. Having no mushrooms at the time substituted carrot finely chopped and a small piece of left over cucumber chopped too. Sprinkling of cheese to serve and some garlic bread with it too. It was delicious. Will never use meat for spag bol again!!
Delicious. I added a carrot and courgette diced. Used a tin of chopped tomatoes instead of Passata and put the whole lot in the slow cooker to simmer for 2 hours after it was almost cooked. This meant it kept hot and was ready when required.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.