Made with Quorn Mince
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 300g Quorn Mince (2 packs)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 500 g rice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 glass of white wine
- 4 Eggs
- Bread crumbs
- 2L broth
For tomato sauce:
- 1 Onion
- Olive oil
- 500 g of tomato puree
- Firstly prepare the tomato sauce. Finely dice 1 onion and fry until cooked.
- Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Once cooked add roughly chopped basil and set the sauce aside.
- To make the rice balls first finely dice 1 onion and fry until soft. Add the rice to the onions and then add white wine little by little.
- After a few minutes and once the rice is hot, start adding the broth until the rice is cooked through and has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Take the rice mixture off the heat and let the rice cool.
- Meanwhile cook the Quorn Mince in pan with a little bit of oil and follow instructions on the pack. Once the Quorn Mince has cooked stir in a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce until the mince is coated in sauce.
- Put a small amount of rice in the palm of the hand and pat flat, trying to maintain the same thickness. Add a small amount of Quorn Mince mixture to the centre of the rice and close to form balls. Repeat until all of the rice mixture has been used up. Then for each ball, coat with egg seasoned with salt and pepper and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry all the Arancini in a generous amount of oil until golden brown and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Serve them with the classic tomato sauce.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Mince Arancini
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Spaghetti Bolognese
RecipesSticky Sweet & Sour Quorn Nuggets
RecipesBBQ Teriyaki Quorn Pieces and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
RecipesQuorn Green Curry Laksa
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesHomemade Gluten Free Pizza with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
The nation has spoken
3 out of 5 stars