Spicy eggplant shakshuka with Quorn Mince
The perfect brunch showstopper. A spicy pan bursting with rich flavours packed full of vegetables, perfect eggs and delicious Quorn mince! doesn't that sound delicious?
Made with Quorn Mince
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggplants, cubed
- 800 g diced tomatoes
- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 g parsley, chopped
- 5 g cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- If not already cut, slice the bread into 1 cm thick slices, spread over an oven rack or baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with sunflower oil. Toast the slices of bread in the oven for 4-6 minutes until they turn golden brown and are crispy. Remove the toast from the oven and let it cool.
- Heat sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until it starts to become translucent. Add the eggplant to the pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the Quorn Mince, the tomato paste and diced tomato to the pan, stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cilantro, parsley, harissa, red wine vinegar, paprika and ground cumin to the pan and stir well again.
- Make 4 holes in the sauce and break the eggs into them. Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, divide the shakshuka over the plates and serve with toast, Greek yogurt and garnish with sumac.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesSpicy eggplant shakshuka with Quorn Mince
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars