Vegetarian Paella with Quorn Sausages
Our Spanish Quorn Paella recipe is a low fat, meat free fiesta! Packed with Quorn Sausages and fresh vegetables great for a summer get together.
A Little Effort
11 g of fat
- 336g packet frozen Quorn Sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g fresh tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 150g green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- 150g frozen peas
- 250g long grain rice
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Litre liquid vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large paella pan and cook frozen Quorn Sausages for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, but not fully cooked through. Set aside and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add remaining oil to pan and gently fry the onions and capsicum for 5 minutes or until soft, add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Stir in the tomatoes and beans and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika, turmeric, chilli, lemon zest and juice, stir well.
- Stir in the stock and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sausages pieces and frozen peas and continue simmering for a further 5-10 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding more liquid if required.
- Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Easy and yum. Swapped the rice for cauliflower rice and it still worked!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.