Made with Quorn Vegan Schnitzel
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 2 Quorn Vegan Schnitzel
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ deseeded red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil + extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ (200g) tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ (100g) tin tomato puree
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- 200g vine tomatoes
- 60g vegan cheese, sliced
- 50g baby gem lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 20g red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the chillies, garlic, basil and parsley and fry, 2 minutes. Add the chopped tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar and simmer, 12-15 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast and blend until fine. Season it to taste.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C. Arrange the Quorn schnitzels on a baking tray and bake, 10 minutes.
- Arrange the vine tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with ½ Tbsp olive oil and roast until tender, 10 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the arrabiata sauce over the schnitzels and top with the cheese. Place it back in the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, 8-10 minutes. Top it with a few basil leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Char the baby gem lettuce, cut-side down, for 20-30 seconds. Season lightly.
- To serve, serve the vegan parmigiana’s each with a charred lettuce half that is topped with roasted tomatoes and red onions.
TIP: The vegan arabbiata sauce makes for a great dip with Quorn nuggets as well as a sauce for pasta dishes.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesVegan parmigiana with charred lettuce salad
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesBBQ Teriyaki Quorn Pieces and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
RecipesVegan Nuggets with Homemade Dip
RecipesZucchini & Quorn Mince Lasagne
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesKatsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
RecipesGluten Free Fajitas with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars