Made with Quorn Vegan Schnitzel
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 4 Quorn Vegan Schnitzels
- 400g (1 tin) chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp roasted masala spice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 160ml coconut milk
- 45ml orange juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste
- 4 tsp fresh coriander
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 100g baby gem lettuce, halved
- 600g medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 80g radishes, thinly sliced
- 35g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 tsp red onion, finely chopped
- handful basil leaves
- Pre heat the oven to 200 °C. Rinse and dry the chickpeas. Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil, place on a baking tray and roast until crisp, 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle the masala spice on top.
- Arrange the Quorn Vegan Crumbed Schnitzels on a baking tray and bake until golden and crisp, 20 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine the coconut milk, orange juice, nutritional yeast, tahini paste, coriander, vinegar and garlic and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Season it to taste.
- To assemble the salad, add a schnitzel and baby gem lettuce half to each serving plate. Stack the thinly sliced apples on top of the schnitzels and scatter the chickpeas, thinly sliced radishes, walnuts and red onion top. Add a few basil leaves and serve the salads with the dressing on the side.
TIP: A Chinese mandolin is a wonderful kitchen tool that can be used to thinly slice vegetables and fruit. Alternatively, use a very sharp chef’s knife to thinly slice the apples and radishes into paper-thin discs.
TIP: To prevent the apple slices from going brown, dip each slice into some acidulated water. Add a few splashes of lemon juice to cold water to make the acidulated water.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesVegan Apple and Schnitzel Salad with Coconut and Coriander Dressing
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesSticky Sweet & Sour Quorn Nuggets
RecipesVegan Nuggets with Homemade Dip
RecipesKatsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
RecipesQuorn Mince Burger
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesQuorn Pieces with Tagliatelle and Artichoke
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars