Warm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegan Fillets
Shredded Quorn Vegan Fillets in a sweet and spicy sauce served on a bed of fluffy couscous mixed with roasted butternut squash, peppers & plum tomatoes. Topped with toasted pine nuts, spring onions & coriander.
12 g of fat
- 4 Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 80ml pineapple juice
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- ½ butternut squash, diced 3cm x 3cm
- 1 red of yellow pepper
- de-seeded and sliced
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 120g couscous
- 200ml boiling water
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ¼ lime juice
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the chilli, cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the brown sugar and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the pineapple juice and mango chutney, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the Quorn Fillets onto a baking tray and pour over the sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until core temperature is reached. Remove from the oven and using two forks, shred the fillets into strips. Keep warm if serving hot.
- On a second baking tray, spread out the butternut squash, peppers and plum tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, bring the water to the boil. Add in the couscous, remove from the heat and cover. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables through the fluffy couscous and drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- Place the shredded fillets on top of the salad. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, coriander and spring onions and serve hot or cold.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.