Spaghetti and Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs
This is a delicious meat free version of classic Italian meatballs - a dinner the whole family will love. The tomato sauce is a great base recipe, so why not make a double batch and freeze half making this recipe even quicker next time! Want to spice it up? Add half a teaspoon of chili flakes to give the sauce a fiery kick.
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs
- For the tomato sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 50ml red wine (optional)
- 75g tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 300ml reduced salt vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- 300g spaghetti
- Vegetarian parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
To make the sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and red wine, reduce for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 200°C /180°C(fan)/gas mark 6. Place the Quorn Swedish Style Balls onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- To serve, cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, drain and set to one side.
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper, add the cooked Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs and toss to coat.
- Serve the spaghetti with a dollop of meatballs and tomato sauce. Garnish with vegetarian parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.