Quorn Mince Chilli Taco Cups
A quick chilli con carne is a sure-fire way to please the whole family, and serving up in individual taco cups with choose-your-own toppings makes dinnertime a whole lot more fun. Adjust the spice levels to your taste.
A Little Effort
15 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Mince (1 pack)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of Kidney beans (or mixed beans), drained
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 spring onions (carefully chopped with scissors by children)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced into rings with a cutlery knife by children)
- 4-6 large tortilla wraps
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce (snipped into slivers with scissors)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan that has a lid. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon and cook for a minute. Stir in the Quorn Mince, coating it well with the spices. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, drained beans, tomato puree, tomato ketchup and oregano. Season to taste with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the cilantro. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garnishes by mixing together the yoghurt, spring onions, and cucumber. Set aside to chill until required.
- To prepare the taco cups, use 12 cm cookie cutters or a 12 cm glass to cut circles out of the tortillas. Make as many as you can with your tortillas. Use these to line a deep muffin tray that has at least 6 holes. Pop into the oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- To serve, place the chilli and warm taco cups on the table accompanied by the yoghurt, lettuce, tomatoes and grated cheese in separate serving bowls. Simply spoon some Quorn chilli into the taco cups and let everyone choose their own toppings.
To make bigger taco baskets and avoid waste, place a baking sheet in a preheated oven (170ºC / 325ºF / Gas Mark 3) with a lightly greased, flat bottomed metal bowl approximately 10-12cm diameter and 10cm height on it (or other heat proof container/jug). Drape a whole 25cm tortilla over the top and leave for approximately 6- 8 minutes until crisp. Carefully lift from the container. Repeat as needed. Set to one side until required.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.