- 264g Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burgers, cooked
- 250g peas, blanched
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 (600g) large sweet potato, julienned
- 42g flour
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 250g large avocado, diced
- 125g baby cucumbers, chopped
- 45g medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
- 4 sesame burger buns
- 25g baby spinach
- For the pesto, combine the peas, garlic, almond butter, nutritional yeast, mint, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until fine, but slightly chunky. Season to taste.
- Dust the julienned sweet potatoes with half of the flour and shake off the excess. Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180°C. Fry the sweet potatoes off until light brown in colour, but not fully crisp, 1-2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. Dust the fries with the remaining flour again and fry it off for a second time until golden and crisp, 1-2 minutes.
- To make the salsa, combine the avocado, cucumbers, red onions and lemon juice. Season it to taste.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the base of each burger bun with the pea pesto. Add some baby spinach and a cooked Quorn Vegan Hot and Spricy Burgers on top. Spoon the salsa over the burgers and top it off with the sesame buns. Serve the burgers with the sweet potato fries on the side.
TIPS: The sweet potatoes can easily be replaced with regular potatoes or parsnips, if preferred. For a cheats’ version replace the pea pesto with readymade dairy-free basil or rocket pesto.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.