- 312g Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 1½ cups (187g) flour
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C (250ml) sparkling water
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 200g small zucchinis, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 10g edible flowers
- ½ C (125ml) vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 4 tsp wasabi paste
- 8 lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the flour, Chinese five spice, salt and sparkling water and whisk until slightly smooth but still a bit lumpy.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180°C.
- Dip each piece of zucchini into the batter, allow the excess to drip off and gently place it into the warm oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp and drain on kitchen paper. Fry the zucchinis off in batches. Repeat the process with the green beans and edible flowers.
- Cut each Quorn Vegan Fillet into 4 strips, dip the strips into the batter, allow the excess to drip off and fry 2-3 minutes until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, chives and wasabi together until smooth. Serve it alongside the warm fried vegetables with the lime wedges.
TIP: Edible flowers that are ideal to be fried in a tempura batter include organic snapdragons, nasturtiums, pansies and violas.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.