- 4 (202g) Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 65ml hoisin sauce
- ½ Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 120g red onions
- 40ml olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ Tbsp vegan soy sauce (or tamari)
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 18g pak choi, shredded
- 18g red cabbage, shredded
- 20g carrots, julienned
- 20g mini cucumbers, julienned
- 15g spring onions, julienned
- 15g slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 lime wedges, to serve
- For the skewers, pre heat the oven to 200°C and heat a griddle pan over high heat until smoking hot.
- Combine the hoisin sauce and Chinese five spice. Dip each chicken-style fillet into this sauce and fry each one in the hot griddle pan, 2 minutes per side.
- Quarter the red onion and loosen the onion pieces from each other. Cut each grilled fillet into 3 chunks. Thread 3 fillet chunks onto a wooden skewer, placing a piece of onion between each. Roast it in the oven, 8 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, sesame oil and garlic and puree until smooth.
- For the slaw, toss the pak choi, red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, spring onions and almonds together.
- Serve the skewers and slaw with the dressing and lime wedges on the side.
TIP: The skewers can easily be cooked over the bbq, by cooking it over low heat for 12-15 minutes, turning regularly.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.