Quorn Sausage and Bean Stew3.2631578947368 out of 5, 1 based on 19 ratings
Quorn Sausage and Bean Stew
Enjoy a healthy twist on a family favourite with this sausage and bean stew recipe. The smoked paprika and sweet honey blend perfectly together to tantalise both sweet and savoury taste buds. Packed full of healthy beans and succulent sausages, this recipe has a delicious garlic and rosemary infused tomato sauce, which is the perfect accompaniment for dipping freshly baked cornbread.
1757 kJPer serving
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 onions – sliced
- 3 sticks celery- cut into bite size chunks
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary – roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper – deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 tin borlotti beans
- 3 tbsp red lentils
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 50g Kale
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large casserole dish. Brown the Quorn Sausages on all sides then remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil and over a medium heat fry the onion, celery, garlic, pepper and rosemary for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomato puree and smoked paprika and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, lentils, honey, tin of tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the sausages and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Just before serving stir through the kale. Divide into bowls, perfect eaten with cornbread.
Related RecipesView more