Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
Our super tasty Hot and Spicy Vegan Burgers are packed with fresh flavours and textures to create this Mexican inspired recipe. Smashed avocado, vegan yoghurt, jalapeños and fresh cilantro are layered in a sesame seed bun and served simply with a griddled corn salsa.
A Little Effort
27.4 g of fat
IngredientsFor the burger:
- 1 pack of Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burgers
- 5 tbsp natural vegan yoghurt
- 2 gherkins , finely chopped
- 4 sesame seed burger buns, sliced in half
- 2 avocados, halved, de-stoned, flesh scooped out and smashed
- 10g rocket
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 5g fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 10 g fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan Forced. Put the Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burgers onto a baking tray and cook in the centre of your oven for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a griddle pan on a high heat and brush the corn with 1 tbsp oil. Place the corn on the cob on to the griddle pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked with some char marks. Remove from the pan, carefully stand the corn cobs on their ends and slice the corn off the cob, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the red capsicum r, red onion, cilantro, lime zest, extra virgin olive oil and season to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt with the chopped gherkins and set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, place the bottom of the sesame seed buns on to a clean chopping board or plates. Top each bun with yoghurt and gherkin mix, smashed avocado and rocket. Add a Quorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Burger onto each bun and finish with the sliced red onion, sliced red chilli, cilantro and another drizzle of the yoghurt and gherkin. Place the top of the bun firmly on top of each burger and serve immediately with the grilled corn salsa.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review