Quorn Vegetarian Roast Wellington
Perfect for Sunday dinner! Try our vegetarian Quorn Roast wrapped in a layer of tasty mushroom duxelles and buttery puff pastry. This meat-free family favourite is delicious served with roast potatoes, sprouts and carrots. Don't forget the gravy!
Made with Quorn Roast
Low in Saturated Fat
Good Source of protein
- 1 Quorn Roast, frozen
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- Flaked sea salt
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 680g mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for fan forced ovens). Cook Quorn roast in the oven from frozen, according to package directions.
- Duxelles: add mushrooms, thyme and shallots to a food processor until finely chopped
- Put a frying pan on medium heat and melt 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, add mushroom mixture to pan and cook for roughly 25 minutes until all liquid has cooked out. Add salt and pepper to duxelles to taste, and set aside in the fridge to cool.
- Sprinkle flour on bench and place 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry on top of each other. Roll out slightly with a rolling pin. Spoon on cooled duxelles, and spread evenly in a thin layer across the pastry sheets, leaving an inch of pastry on each side.
- Once Quorn Roast is cooked, allow to cool slightly. Then coat in Dijon mustard and place on the bottom edge of the puff pastry.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsps of butter and set aside. Brush the other three edges of pastry with melted butter and roll Quorn Roast so that it is covered in pastry.
- Press down edges of pastry (trim any excess pastry if required) and ensure that they are sealed. Wrap tightly in cling wrap and set aside in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray ready for Quorn Wellington and reheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan forced ovens)
- Once cooled, remove Quorn Wellington from the fridge and place in the lined baking tray. Pierce puff pastry with knife and then brush egg wash over roast. Sprinkle top with flaked sea salt.
- Put in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, until the pastry is golden in colour. Set aside Quorn Wellington for 10 minutes before serving, to allow it to rest. Then slice and serve!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Roast Wellington
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Spaghetti Bolognese
RecipesVegetarian Paella with Quorn Sausages
RecipesSticky Sweet & Sour Quorn Nuggets
RecipesSimple Thai Noodle Soup with Quorn Pieces
RecipesQuorn Green Curry Laksa
RecipesHomemade Gluten Free Pizza with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Sausage and Bean Stew
The nation has spoken
3 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
Tried this for the first time, turned out amazingly well! :) I was super surprised how well it came out.