Quorn Sticky Sausages and Cider Braised Onions
This is a great twist on classic bonfire sausages. Load up your favourite buns with Quorn Sausages, pile high with braised onions and enjoy with a delicious side of apple slaw. To turn this bonfire night recipe into a winter warmer, serve on a plate and swap the apple slaw for a delicious mustard mash.
Made with Quorn Sausages
Low in Saturated Fat
Good source of dietary fibre
Healthy Protein. Healthy Planet
- For the sausages
- 8 Quorn Sausages
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
For the cider braised onions
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200ml cider
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
For the apple slaw
- 2 red apples, matchsticks
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp poppy seeds Salt and pepper
- 4 ciabatta bread rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/Fan 180c/Gas 6
- Mix the honey, cider and wholegrain mustard in a bowl. Place the Quorn Sausages onto a baking tray and drizzle over the honey mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 17 minutes
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, Heat a drizzle of olive oil and a large saucepan. Add the sliced onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cider and simmer for 8 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the thyme leaves and season to taste.
- For the Apple Slaw, place all of the apple slaw ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Season to taste.
- To serve, slice each ciabatta roll in half and toast on a hot griddle pan. Fill each roll with two sticky sausages, a dollop of cider braised onions and a side of apple slaw.
If preferred, swap the cider for unsweetened apple juice.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Sticky Sausages and Cider Braised Onions
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars