Quorn Mince Lasagne
3.2830188679245 out of 5, 1 based on 53 ratings
Bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen with this healthier alternative to a continental classic - lasagne. Luxurious layers of pasta, creamy white sauce and rich ragu with delicious Quorn Mince makes this dish impossible to resist!
- 500g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (Unlike beef mince, Quorn Mince does not need to be cooked in oil, you can just add it into the sauce. So you only need 1tbsp of olive oil for this recipe)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetarian red pesto
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp red wine
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 lasagne sheets
- 25g butter or margarine
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- salt and freshly ground black pepper or ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the Quorn mince and then the tomatoes, vegetarian red pesto, oregano, wine and vegetable stock cube. Increase the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the basil, season to taste then remove from the heat.
- Make the white sauce by melting the butter, stir in the flour and cook gently for a minute stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk and reheat until beginning to thicken. At this stage add the cheese, season to taste and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the mince mixture over the base of an ovenproof dish, top with lasagne sheets, repeat the layers, then pour over the cheese sauce and scatter with a little grated cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with a green salad and garlic bread.