Pad Thai Noodles
3.2 out of 5, 1 based on 30 ratings
Use Quorn Pieces to create your very own delicious pad Thai - perfect every time.
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Pieces
- 200g packet dried rice stick noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Cook rice noodles following packet directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok or pan on a high heat. Add the frozen Quorn pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook a further 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce and lime juice, stir well, add noodles and toss for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour in the beaten eggs slowly and evenly and let them begin to set ( about 1 minute). Stir briefly until egg is cooked. Sprinkle with peanuts and spring onion and garnish with fresh coriander.
TIP: Prepare all ingredients first as this recipe is very quick once cooking starts.
For added tang add 1 tablespoon of Tamarind paste with the soy sauce.