Quorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
Enjoy a smoky twist on traditional tacos with this chipotle infused recipe. The chipotle paste, garlic and onion mix makes a delicious accompaniment to the Mexican salsa, soured cream and crunchy tortilla baskets. A simple meal idea that’s guaranteed to get the whole family involved.
24 g of fat
- 175g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 50g raisins
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 60g toasted pine nuts
- 2 ancho chillies, heated for 2-3 minutes in a dry saute pan then rehydrated in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes (use grilled red capsicums if unavailable)
- 150ml vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 corn or wheat tortillas (approx. 25cm diameter)
- 1 small red onion cut into rings.
- 1 large tomato, cut into small dice
- 1 small onion, cut into fine dice
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 320g cooked white rice, warm
- 1 large red onion, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicums, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of fresh coriander, leaves only, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Preheat 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and cook the Quorn Pieces for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove the Quorn Pieces and fry the onions in the remaining oil, add the cinnamon, garlic, raisins, chipotle paste, cocoa powder, toasted pine nuts, ancho chillies, vegetable stock and lime juice. Bring to the boil then place in a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth. Return to the pan, gently heat and stir in the sauteed Quorn Pieces.
- To make the taco baskets, place a baking sheet in a preheated oven (170C/325f/Gas Mark 3) with a lightly greased, flat bottomed metal bowl approximately 10-12cm diameter and 10cm height on it (or other heat proof container/jug). Drape a tortilla over the top and leave for approximately 6- 8 minutes until crisp. Carefully lift from the container. Repeat until all four taco baskets are baked. Set to one side until required.
- To prepare the Salsa Mexicana, combine all ingredients and season to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the rice with the onions, capsicums, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Fill each basket with coriander rice and top with the Quorn Mole, soured cream and Salsa Mexicana. Tip : spice up this dish with a dash of chilli sauce or pinch of chilli powder if you like it hot Or : If you are cooking for people who are not sure about coriander, try replacing it with parsley
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review