Quorn Crunchy Fillet Donburi
Donburi is a direct translation of the word 'bowl' in Japanese and is traditionally made using beef and onion as a base. Try our meat-free version of the tasty rice recipe which can be made using Quorn Crunchy Chicken Fillet Burgers. Make sure you pack on the ginger for an authentic taste!
Made with Quorn Crunchy Chicken Fillet Burger
Good source of dietary fibre
Good Source of protein
No added preservatives or colours
No artificial flavours
- 2 Quorn Crunchy Chicken Fillet Burger
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 50g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp mirin sachets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 20g pea shoots
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- Rinse the sushi rice in a sieve under cold water for 30 seconds and drain fully.
- Add the rice, 200ml cold water and a pinch of salt to a lidded pot and bring to a light boil. Reduce to low for 15 minutes then remove from heat, and leave covered for a further 10 minutes.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, add cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water to a bowl and mix. Add the soy sauce, mirin, Chinese rice wine and 1 tbsp sugar and stir well.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and reduce your teriyaki sauce until thickened to a maple syrup-like consistency.
- Bake The Quorn Crunchy Chicken Fillet Burgers for 17 minutes
- Spoon over 1 tbsp of your sauce and bake for a further 8 minutes
- Top the sticky rice with sliced Quorn Crunchy Chicken Fillet Burger, grated carrot and a handful of pea shoots. Spoon the remaining teriyaki sauce over the fillet and garnish the sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.
Adding a tbsp of sushi rice vinegar as rice cools to room temperature will give you the perfect sticky rice!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Crunchy Fillet Donburi
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars