Quorn Mince Stuffed Capsicums
Get stuffed with our simple yet tasty Quorn Mince Stuffed Capsicums. Fill red and green capsicums with Mediterranean rice and Quorn Mince, baked and topped with golden gooey cheese. Perfect for a festive party!
Made with Quorn Mince
Low in Fat
Good Source of protein
Good source of fibre
- 300g Quorn Mince, frozen
- ½ cup uncooked rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to drizzle
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 capsicums (3 red and 3 green), with cores and tops removed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven 200°C (180°C Fan-forced)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a saucepan over a medium heat and add diced onions. Cook onions for approximately 5 minutes, until soft. Then stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant for approximately one more minute.
- Add Quorn Mince and diced tomatoes to pan and cook according to Quorn package directions for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking time, stir in cooked rice and season with oregano, salt and pepper and let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly.
- Place capsicums on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon Quorn Mince mixture into each capsicum and top with shredded cheese and cover baking tray with alfoil.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until capsicums are tender. Uncover foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesQuorn Mince Stuffed Capsicums
RecipesEasy Firecracker Flatbread Pizza Recipe
RecipesZucchini & Quorn Mince Lasagne
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burger with Pink Slaw
RecipesVegetarian Burrito with Quorn Mince
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fillets Kebab Skewers
RecipesJapanese Udon Noodles Stir Fry
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars