Spooky Roarsomes with Ghost Mash and Pumpkin Swede Purée
Roarsomes, pumpkins and ghosts oh my! Jump into the festive spirit by creating a spooky dinosaur scene. Get creative with Quorn Roarsomes, ghostly mash and pumpkin-shaped swede purée. The perfect vegan dinner for children (and big kids) this Halloween.
Made with Quorn Roarsomes Vegan Nuggets
Good source of dietary fibre
Good Source of protein
Low in Saturated Fat
- 4 Quorn Roarsomes
- 300g peeled potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 150-200g carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
- 200g swede, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g vegan spread
- 160g frozen garden peas
- 1 tsp black seseame seeds
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ketchup, to serve
- Simmer the carrots and swede over a medium-high heat for 30 mins until the swede is fork tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, mash 2-3 tbsp of vegan butter with a fork in a bowl, season with salt, peper and thyme.
- Blitz the carrot and swede with a hand blender to a smooth mash. Stir in the vegan butter and transfer into a piping bag. Pipe a few pumpkin balls, top with a sprig on thyme to create the stalks.
- For the mash, place the potato pieces into a pan of water. Bring to the boil and boil for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain, then mash with 2 tbsp of the vegan spread. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Place the Roarsomes on a baking tray and cook for 14-16 minutes until crispy.
- Add the frozen peas to a pan and add enough water to cover the peas. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mash to a clean piping bag. Pipe the potatoes into 2 1/2- to 3-inch-high pointed mounds to form the ghosts. Garnish each ghost with 2 black sesame seeds to create the eyes.
- Plate up your spooky dino-scene with the Roarsomes, mash ghosts, swede pumpkins and peas. Splatter with creepy ketchup and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesSpooky Roarsomes with Ghost Mash and Pumpkin Swede Purée
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars