Fresh and Spicy Quorn Burger
Pile it high for a decadent Summer feast! Double stacked Quorn Classic Beef Style Burgers with smoked chedder slices, fresh jalapeno and a garlic mayonnaise are topped with homemade onion rings for a taste sensation.
Made with Quorn Classic Beef Style Burgers
For the burger:
- 2 packs of Quorn Classic Beef Style Burgers
- 4 smoked cheddar slices
- 2 brioche burger buns, sliced in half
- 10 g rocket
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- ½ fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
For the garlic mayonnaise:
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 35 g mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
For the onion rings:
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-2cm slices across the middle, rings separated, peel and ends discarded
- 150 g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 190 ml sparkling water
- 1 litre vegetable oil, for frying
For the slaw:
- 40 g red cabbage, shredded
- 30 g white cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 5 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- To make the slaw, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and keep in the fridge until needed.
- To make the garlic mayo, put the minced garlic on to a chopping board and sprinkle with the salt. With the back of a fork, smash the garlic up to a pulp. Put this into a small bowl with the mayonnaise and chopped chives, then mix until combined. Cover and place in the fridge until needed.
- To make the onion rings, pour enough oil to fill up to 1/3 of a large heavy bottomed saucepan and heat to 180 C when tested with a digital thermometer. In a shallow bowl, mix together the self-raising flour, salt and pepper, then stir in the sparkling water until you have a smooth batter. Dip the onion slices into the batter a few at a time to fully coat them. Carefully submerge 4-5 onion rings into the pan at a time and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from the hot oil and drain on kitchen towel. Repeat the process until all the onions have been cooked. Set aside and reserve 4 onion rings for the burger.
- For the burgers, put the Quorn Classic Beef Style Burgers on a pre-heated gas or charcoal BBQ. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. For the final minute, top each Quorn Classic Beef Style Burger with a slice of cheese and put the brioche buns cut side down on to the grill to lightly toast.
- Remove from the grill and get ready to assemble your burgers. Put the bottom of the brioche buns onto plates or chopping boards. Spread each bun with garlic mayo and top with rocket, two of the cheese topped Quorn Classic Beef Style Burgers, sliced tomato, onion rings, sliced jalapenos, slaw and a drizzle of Sriracha. Serve each burger with the remaining onion rings.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
RecipesFresh and Spicy Quorn Burger
RecipesQuorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
RecipesKebabish Style Quorn Nuggets Recipe
RecipesQuorn Vegan Fish and Chips with Aioli Sauce
RecipesQuorn Meat Free Pieces Mole Taco Basket
RecipesQuorn Pieces Healthier Thai Green Curry
RecipesChow Mein with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
RecipesQuorn Vegan Hot and Spicy Mexican Burger
The nation has spoken
0 out of 5 stars