Quorn Cottage Pie
3.75 out of 5, 1 based on 88 ratings
If you’re looking for a great winter warmer dish that goes beyond your normal recipe collection… surprise & delight your family
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnip, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Mince
- 100g frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 400ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour mixed to paste with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently until the onions are soft.
- Add the frozen or chilled Quorn Mince, frozen vegetables, vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and season to taste. Simmer ingredients together for 5 minutes. Add the corn flour paste and simmer gently until the sauce thickens then place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste. Place the topping over the Quorn filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp.