- 175g frozen Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegemite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, extra
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
- Add the vegemite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on either side or until piping hot. Serve in burger buns with sliced tomato, lettuce red onion and chutney.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Great to make into a meatloaf, but best with a tomato and basil sauce to keep it moist.
I made these for my daughter who is a vegetarian who doesn’t like mushrooms. She said they were delicious! I didn’t have any vegemite so used Worcester sauce and left out the rosemary and they still stayed together when fried.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review