- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the chillies, garlic, basil and parsley and fry, 2 minutes. Add the chopped tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar and simmer, 12-15 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast and blend until fine. Season it to taste.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C. Arrange the Quorn schnitzels on a baking tray and bake, 10 minutes.
- Arrange the vine tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with ½ Tbsp olive oil and roast until tender, 10 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the arrabiata sauce over the schnitzels and top with the cheese. Place it back in the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, 8-10 minutes. Top it with a few basil leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Char the baby gem lettuce, cut-side down, for 20-30 seconds. Season lightly.
- To serve, serve the vegan parmigiana’s each with a charred lettuce half that is topped with roasted tomatoes and red onions.
TIP: The vegan arabbiata sauce makes for a great dip with Quorn nuggets as well as a sauce for pasta dishes.