- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs
- 14 unsalted & unroasted cashews, soaked in 1/4cup (60mls) of hot water for 15 minutes
- 6 tbsp oil – any variety
- 2 green cardamom, crushed open (optional)
- 3 cms cinnamon stick (optional)
- 2 cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion or 150g, cut into small chunks
- 2 cms ginger, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp double concentrate tomato purée
- 1-2 chillies (depending on your heat
- preference), finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar/honey
- 1 tsp paprika – plain
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp peas –fresh or defrosted
- 6-7 stems fresh coriander, roughly chopped (stems & leaves)
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 200c. Place a wire tray on top of a baking tray and pop the Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs on it. Once the oven is hot, place tray on the middle shelf of oven for 10 minutes. Turn the Swedish Style Meatballs over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst the Swedish Style Meatballs are cooking, prepare the masala by placing the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor. Grind until you have a coarse looking paste.
- Now heat the oil in a pan. Once hot, add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and cumin followed by the ground paste.
- Mix well, then add ½ tsp salt and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat. Then, reduce the heat slightly and place a lid on top. Cook for 6-7 minutes mixing every 2 minutes or so. (If you find the masala is catching at any point, add a splash of water and reduce the heat slightly).
- Whilst the masala is cooking, place the soaked cashews as well as the water it was soaked in, into a food processor. Grind for 30-40 seconds until a thick cashew paste forms. Keep aside.
- Once the masala looks caramelised golden brown in colour, add the tomato purée, chilli and ½ cup (120mls) of water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the masala thickens. Then reduce the heat and add the remaining salt (¾ tsp), sugar, paprika, garam masala, turmeric, coriander powder & chilli powder. Mix well.
- At this point, add the cashew paste along with 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt and 1 ½ cups water (355ml). Mix well and increase the heat allowing the masala to come to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and add the Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs, along with the peas to the pan.
- Using your fingertips to rub the fenugreek leaves into a powder then sprinkle in.
- Add the fresh coriander and place a lid on the pan. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Taste for salt/chilli and adjust accordingly. Serve with rice or your favourite Indian bread.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This recipe was delicious. Tweeted it at the end to suit my taste and served with mashed potato. Yum
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review