Quorn Mince Stuffed Capsicums
Get stuffed with our simple yet tasty Quorn Mince Stuffed Capsicums. Fill red and green capsicums with Mediterranean rice and Quorn Mince, baked and topped with golden gooey cheese. Perfect for a festive party!
- 300g Quorn Mince, frozen
- ½ cup uncooked rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to drizzle
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 capsicums (3 red and 3 green), with cores and tops removed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven 200°C (180°C Fan-forced)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a saucepan over a medium heat and add diced onions. Cook onions for approximately 5 minutes, until soft. Then stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant for approximately one more minute.
- Add Quorn Mince and diced tomatoes to pan and cook according to Quorn package directions for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking time, stir in cooked rice and season with oregano, salt and pepper and let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly.
- Place capsicums on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon Quorn Mince mixture into each capsicum and top with shredded cheese and cover baking tray with alfoil.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until capsicums are tender. Uncover foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review