Quorn Vegan Fillets in Red Pesto Sauce3.2391304347826 out of 5, 1 based on 46 ratings
Quorn Vegan Fillets in Red Pesto Sauce
This Quorn Fillets pesto is simply the best-o! Served with vegetables in a tangy red pesto sauce, this dish is perfect for a cosy night in.
912 kJPer serving
Serves 2 - 3
- For Recipe:
- 252g packet frozen Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Vegan red pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice milk
- Basil leaves, to garnish.
- For Vegan Red Pesto:
- 100g of sun-dried tomatoes
- 100g of roasted red capsicum
- 10g of basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 30g of pine nuts, toasted
- 25ml of olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Firstly, blitz all pesto ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is reached. Set aside 2 tablespoons for use in this recipe. The remainder can be stored in a clean, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week; or frozen for longer.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and lightly brown the frozen Quorn Vegan Fillets.
- In a bowl mix together the stock, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of pesto and thyme. Pour over the fillets. Cover with foil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fillets to warmed plates. Stir the rice milk into the sauce; add seasoning to taste and spoon over the fillets pieces. Garnish with fresh basil.
Related RecipesView more