Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin
This stuffed pumpkin recipe is made with Quorn Pieces and quinoa seasoned with Moroccan spices, topped with pomegranate and yogurt. A delicious, low fat seasonal dish that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
A Little Effort
11 g of fibre
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Pieces
- 3 baby pumpkin
- Spray olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 cup salt reduced vegetable stock
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup torn flat leaf parsley
- 1 pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
- Cut pumpkins in half and discard seeds. Place on a baking tray skin side down. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with cracked pepper. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until tender but still holding shape.
- Meanwhile place stock, water and pomegranate molasses in pan and stir well. Add quinoa, cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen Quorn Pieces and cook a further 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir parsley into quinoa mixture then spoon into pumpkin cavity, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve dolloped with yoghurt..
TIP: If baby pumpkins are unavailable, cook wedges of pumpkin (skin on) and spoon quinoa mixture over them.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review