- 175g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp marjoram
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 425g tin cannellini beans
- 1½ litres vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 100g wholemeal pasta shells
- Italian style hard cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Pre-heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes without colouring then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Now add the tomato purée, fresh rosemary, marjoram and thyme. Stir for a minute and add the chopped tomatoes, beans, stock, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook a further 10-12 minutes.
- Then pour half the soup into a liquidiser and blend until completely smooth. Return the puréed soup to the rest of the soup, add the Quorn pieces and bring back to a simmer
- Add the pasta and cook for another 12-14 minutes stirring from time to time until the pasta is cooked.
Serve with grated cheese and freshy crusty bread.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review