- 180g dried udon noodles
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 300g packet frozen Quorn Mince
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into strips
- 20g julienned fresh ginger
- 100g snowpeas, halved diagonally
- radish, for garnish
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Combine mirin, soy, rice wine and corn flour and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a non-stick wok or pan, add Qourn Meat Free Mince and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, capsicum, ginger and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add mirin mixture and snowpeas, stir until thickened.
- Add cooked drained noodles, stir well and serve immediately garnished with thin slices of radish. TIP: Some of the ginger can be finely grated and added to the sauce mixture.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Very tasty! I do prefer the ginger to be grated and cooked with the mince at the start of the recipe. I have tried cooking as per this recipe and prefer the flavours when stir-frying earlier. This is also easy to alter the amounts of quorn mince vs vegetables to your liking. For example, I just added a bit more capsicum and a little less snow peas. I didn't garnish with a radish but I might add a bit of pak choy next time for some green. Really yummy! Will cook again!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review