Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Chipotle Tacos3.1666666666667 out of 5, 1 based on 24 ratings
Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Chipotle Tacos
Enjoy a smoky twist on traditional tacos with this chipotle infused recipe. The chipotle paste, garlic and onion mix makes a delicious accompaniment to the smooth avocado, citrusy pickled onions and crunchy taco shells. A simple meal idea that’s guaranteed to get the whole family involved.
209 kJPer serving
- 175g of Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-2 tsp chipotle paste (To taste. If paste isn’t available use chipotle chilli flakes or sauce.)
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 390g carton chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 50ml water
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of chopped Cilantro
- Salt and pepper to season
Pink Pickled Onions:
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- Taco Shells (2/3 per person)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado, dressed in lime juice
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream (or plain, unsweetened Yoghurt)
- Preheat the oil in a large pan, fry the onion until soft but not coloured then add the garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the chipotle paste and the stock cube and stir through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and about 50ml water. Cook for 15 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down, adding more water if it gets too dry.
- Add the Quorn Mince and kidney beans then cook for a further 8-10 minutes. Season to taste then stir through the chopped cilantro.
- Serve in a taco shell with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, the pink pickled onions and a sprinkle of grated cheese. Add a dollop of sour cream to taste.
Related RecipesView more