- Combine the flour, Chinese five spice, salt and sparkling water and whisk until slightly smooth but still a bit lumpy.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180°C.
- Dip each piece of zucchini into the batter, allow the excess to drip off and gently place it into the warm oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp and drain on kitchen paper. Fry the zucchinis off in batches. Repeat the process with the green beans and edible flowers.
- Cut each Quorn Vegan Fillet into 4 strips, dip the strips into the batter, allow the excess to drip off and fry 2-3 minutes until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, chives and wasabi together until smooth. Serve it alongside the warm fried vegetables with the lime wedges.
TIP: Edible flowers that are ideal to be fried in a tempura batter include organic snapdragons, nasturtiums, pansies and violas.