Quorn Fillet Cacciatore3.1666666666667 out of 5, 1 based on 6 ratings
Quorn Fillet Cacciatore
Try our delicious recipe for a healthier Quorn Fillets Cacciatore, with Quorn Fillets, onion, mushrooms, red peppers and olives in a tasty tomato sauce. Less than 250 calories per serving, low in saturated fat and high in protein.
247 kJPer serving
- 6 Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 100ml hot water
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 125g roasted red peppers, jarred, cut into strips
- 50g black olives, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre -heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a medium to high heat and fry the onion gently for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine, tomato passata, vegetable stock and rosemary. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the Quorn Fillets for 7-8 minutes then add them to the Cacciatore. Stir in the red peppers and olives. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve with pasta and freshly steamed green vegetables.
Related RecipesView more