- For the skewers, pre heat the oven to 200°C and heat a griddle pan over high heat until smoking hot.
- Combine the hoisin sauce and Chinese five spice. Dip each chicken-style fillet into this sauce and fry each one in the hot griddle pan, 2 minutes per side.
- Quarter the red onion and loosen the onion pieces from each other. Cut each grilled fillet into 3 chunks. Thread 3 fillet chunks onto a wooden skewer, placing a piece of onion between each. Roast it in the oven, 8 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, sesame oil and garlic and puree until smooth.
- For the slaw, toss the pak choi, red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, spring onions and almonds together.
- Serve the skewers and slaw with the dressing and lime wedges on the side.
TIP: The skewers can easily be cooked over the bbq, by cooking it over low heat for 12-15 minutes, turning regularly.